Dealing with weeds is not something anyone likes to do, but it’s a problem those of us with a garden, small flower bed or general landscaping has to handle. We want to help make the weed removal process as easy and stress-free as possible. Here are a few tips and tricks that we can offer up!
- Weed after the rain – moist soil makes pulling weeds easier
- If a weed is too small to pull, try using a hoe
- Pesky weeds that pop up in the cracks of your driveway can be pried out with a screwdriver
- You can buy mulch that has weed preventers in it to aid in keeping your space weed free
- Get informed about the types of weeds you’re dealing with, and tailor your herbicide to the specific type
- A mature weed is much harder to pull, so try to get rid of the weed while it is still young
- If pulling a weed fails, loping off the head can be better than nothing
- Sprinkling salt over the weeds can be a natural way to kill weeds over time
- A vinegar and dish soap concoction will stick to and kill many types of weeds
- Pouring boiling water over weeds can be effective – but be careful because boiling water kills any plant it touches
- Be mindful of the distance between plants because too much distance can be a breeding ground for weeds
- After you remove the weeds, focusing on prevention is so important
- CALL US, if you need help we are your go-to resource
Hopefully, some of these tips and tricks help you in your battle with weeds! If you don’t want to tackle them yourself, our team of experts is here to help. From a yearly landscape cleanup to routine maintenance of your flower beds, we can help!